Martin Atom Saloon, work on which had started in 1939. The car was
completed during the war and was the first Aston Martin to have
the tubular space frame chassis designed by Claude Hill. By the
end of the war it had Hill's new 2-litre OHC engine. This
'one-off' was the direct ancestor of all post-war Aston Martins,
production of which started in 1948 (DB1).