Daimler Regency Mark II DF 304 Saloon is one of five new Daimler models introduced for 1955 and based on variants of two engines and two chassis types. The four-door saloon version has a 3½ -litre engine; also available is a 4.6-litre version (Series DF400). The two Regency and two Sportsman Saloon models are mounted on a 114-in wheelbase, whereas the Regina seven-seater Limousine have a 130-in wheelbase chassis.
Daimler One-O-Four Saloon is a 3½ -litre engined model (4½ -litre also available) which is replacing the Regency Mark II. Engine performance is greatly increased-137 bhp compared with 107 bhp on the Regency. Also available is a Lady's Model version which features, as standard, many items found only on specialized coachbuilt models, including power-operated windows, a radio, set of suitcases and picnic case in the luggage locker, telescopic umbrella, shooting stick and vanity case.
Daimler DK400 Limousine, a well-proportioned eight-seater is 18 ft 1 in long, 6 ft 4 in wide and 5 ft 9¾ in high and fitted with a six-cylinder 4617-cc power unit, preselector gearbox, vacuum servo-assisted brakes and a luxurious interior.
Daimler Conquest Drophead Coupé replaced the Conquest Roadster for 1956. It features similar bodywork, with an occasional rear seat, and is powered by the 2433-cc 100-bhp engine. Conquest and Century Mark II 2½-litre saloons are also available.
Hooper show car at this year Earls Court was the 'Golden Zebra' DK400 two-door fixed-head coupe. Painted ivory all over, with all the external and internal brightwork gold-plated, and ivory leather trim, it has heat-reflecting glass in its windscreen and roof panel. Of course there are the cocktail cabinet, vanity box and built-in picnic basket and an ivory-handled folding umbrella.
Daimler has lost its monopoly of the supplier of Royal fleet cars. The company built two DK400s - a limousine and a landaulette with the hope that they might replace a couple of the older Royal Daimlers. The cars were not taken on to the Buckingham Palace strength. Instead, they were retained by Stratstone as 'Royal Stock', cars to be used for relief work if other cars were not available.